Saturday, September 17, 2011

A New Chapter

So my surgery went well. They didn't have to do too much to the uterus itself. They found that once they got in there I had an abscess. It was affecting my appendix, ovary and tube on the right side. They removed them all. They said it could have been there for a while (and we know it was) but I never ran a fever. Always the zebra.

Recovery hasn't been too bad. I've got a pretty big incision. It's been pretty sore but the pain pump they had me on yesterday was fantastic. Today they took my off IV fluids and I've been managing on Percocet and Toridol. There was talks of sending me home tomorrow but we'll see. I'm not sure I'm ready. I'll talk to the doc tomorrow.

I do still have a drain too. It's gross but with all the nastiness they had to clean out of there they wanted to make sure none of it stayed behind.

I brought my picture frames with me. One of them is from AJ from last mother's day. It says "I <3 Mom" on it. The other is the frame we had engraved to put the picture of me and Nick holding Ryan. I've gotten so many compliments on them both. I've gotten to tell Ryan's story and it's been helpful through this.

I also finished the resource list for the hospital. I met with the Social Worker today and got to tell her all that happened since we saw her last. She was shocked to hear all of the issues we had. She asked if Nick and I would talk to some people here at the hospital to let them know what has gone on and how they can fix it. We'll do whatever it takes to help fix the issues here. I hope Ryan is looking down on us and is proud of what we're doing. I want both of my boys to be proud of us. I know I'm so proud of them.

I'm off to get some rest. I truly appreciate all of the prayers and good thoughts that have been sent our way. We finally had something go in our favor...I hope this is the start of a new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment