211/Life Line: A 24 hour emergency hotline in
with trained specialists
offering crisis counseling, human service information, referrals and short term
counseling. 275-5151 or 211 Monroe
Healthy Baby Network: Call for references for grief counselors and other services.
- (585) 546-4930
Parent Link: Offers support for those who have experienced sudden and unexpected death of an infant or pregnancy loss.
- Meetings are the Fourth Tuesday of every month at
EdgewoodFree -- Methodist Church 250 Edgewood Ave, Rochester
- Contact: Jennifer Hemmerich (585) 234-3481
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.parentlinkgroup.org
- No Fee
Face 2 Face - Rochester: An informal group lead by moms who have been through infant loss. Group focuses on miscarriage/stillbirth/infant loss.
- Meetings are 2nd and 4th Tuesdays -- check Facebook page for date/time/location
- (585) 454-9299
- Co-Leaders -- Melissa Ippolito, Stephanie Brown & Jenn Rose Stremich
Compassionate Friends: For parents who have lost a child of any age.
- Meetings are the Second and Fourth Tuesdays of every month
- Contact: Brenda Schmidt, Chapter Leader -- email@example.com
- Website: www.tcfrochester.org
- No Fee
– donations are appreciated
- Eight weekly sessions. Call for dates of the next series.
- Contact: Lori Newland (585) 475-8825 or 475-8800
- Lifetime Care – The Center for Compassion and Healing
- Website: www.lifetimecare.org
- No Fee – donations are appreciated
Kids Adjusting Through Support (KATS): Provides free, compassionate, support and educational services to children and families coping with loss or serious illness.
- Eight weekly sessions offered in Spring and Fall. Call for registration and meeting location.
- (585) 624-5555 x 3203
Days & Special Times Camp Good
First Candle – www.firstcandle.org or 800-221-7437
Sudden Infant Death and
. Infant Death Support Center
- 24/7 Grief Counselors available
Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope – www.facesofloss.com
- A place for survivors of miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant loss to come together, share their stories and their faces, connect with others who have been through similar experiences, feel “normal,” and know they are not alone.
Grieve Out Loud – www.grieveoutloud.org
- A place where the bereaved can find everything they need as they cope with their loss, including memorial items, care packages, loss book reviews, loss support through our Pen-Pal Program, as well as a extensive resource page of other web resources that exist for the purpose of assisting you in your healing and keeping your baby’s memory alive.
H.A.N.D (Helping After Neonatal Death) – www.handonline.org
- Helping cope with the loss of a baby before, during or after birth
A Heartbreaking Choice – www.aheartbreakingchoice.com
- For parents who have interrupted their pregnancies after poor prenatal diagnosis
M.E.N.D (Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death) – www.mend.org
- Reaches out to those who have lost a child due to miscarriage, stillbirth or early infant death. A bi-monthly newsletter is available.
M.I.S.S. Foundation – www.misschildren.org
- Provides immediate and ongoing support to grieving families, empowerment through community volunteerism opportunities, public policy and legislative education and programs to reduce infant and toddler death through research and education.
- Uplifting support resources for those who have been touched by a crisis in pregnancy or the death of a baby.
National Share – www.nationalshare.org
- The mission of Share Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support, Inc. is to serve those whose lives are touched by the tragic death of a baby through early pregnancy loss, stillbirth or the first few months of life.
Remembering Our Babies – www.october15th.com
- Providing support, education and awareness for those who are suffering or may know someone who has suffered a miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, a stillbirth or the loss of an infant.
A Blog for Fathers When a Baby Dies – www.fathersgrievinginfantloss.blogspot.com
- A blog from a father’s perspective on grief.
Empty Arms by Sherokee Ilse – Coping with miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death. Surviving the first hours and beyond.
Empty Cradle, Broken Heart by Deborah L. Davis, Ph.D. – Discusses the heartache of miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss. This book is for parents who are grieving and looking for encouragement.
Water Bugs & Dragon Flies by Doris Stickney – Explaining death to young children
Life Touches Life by Lorraine Ash – Covers loss, heartbreak and hope – dealing specifically with her stillborn daughter, but can relate to all babyloss.
My Forever Child – www.myforeverchild.com
- Keepsakes and Jewelry for remembrance, healing and hope.
Baby Photo Retouching Service – www.babyphotoretouch.com
- Transforms your precious baby photos through digital technology to correct some of the damaged image.
The Comfort Company – www.thecomfortcompany.net
- Unique keepsakes and gifts
Metal Stamped Memories – www.metalstampedmemories.com
- Baby & Child Loss Remembrance Jewelry including Necklaces, Bracelets, & Rings
Info for When a Friend's Baby Dies