Saturday, September 10, 2011

Crashing Down

Today was miles apart from yesterday. I was still pretty exhausted but we had a good day. We went to the market in the morning. AJ and I enjoyed our empanadas. We did a little shopping too. Nick had to go to work for 10am so me and AJ came home and hung out for a while.

After his nap we went to visit Nick at work. They were doing an event and were having a bbq. We ate (AJ had a frozen custard for lunch). Then he went in the pool and had a great time.

After that we came home took an afternoon nap (I think I needed it more than he did). We were going back to Nick's job for the concert they were having, the last one of the summer.

I was waiting for AJ to get up so I was getting a few things together. The mail came so I was sorting through. Two more bills from the hospital. I can tell from the envelopes. I open them up and the first one is for me. $18 and change for bloodwork. Fine. The next one isn't for's for Ryan. My heart skipped a beat and my stomach sank. What could they possibly be billing me for? And why are we getting this almost 4 months later?

The bill says "regular nursery" with a charge on it. At the bottom there's a message "We are unable to bill this claim to your health insurance company because your child is not listed as a member on your policy." Then there's another sheet with the bill...

Dear New Parents,
Congratulations on the birth of your child! This letter is just a friendly reminder that your newborn needs to be added to your health insurance policy.

It goes on to talk about how you only have a certain amount of time to enroll...yaddda, yadda, yadda.

This was just what I needed to send my day crashing down. I sat there starting at this bill, reading the letter over and over. Are you kidding me? Does no one have a clue? This can't happen. This shouldn't happen.

I've decided I'm going to the hospital Monday morning to take care of this. I want to sit in front of someone and make them listen. I want them to see me and hear me. It's going to be one hell of a Monday morning. But I'll be damned if this happens to someone else.

After the shock wore off and I was able to think straight again AJ and I went to the concert. We met up with Nick and had a great night. AJ had a blast dancing and running around. We actually got to stay out later than 8pm! It was a nice way to end the day.

Tomorrow Nick is off (finally) and we can spend the whole day together. I think it's just what we all need. Back to our routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment