Friday, August 26, 2011

A Good Day

Today was a good day. We all slept pretty well last night. The morning was easy. AJ woke up in a good mood. He got to watch Blue's Clues (his new favorite and the ONLY thing he wants to watch) and we played and did his on-line alphabet game. He took a nap and then we headed to hang out with Lauren and Cole.

We brought lunch with us and all had something. The boys played (read: fought for the same toy). I love watching them together. It's comical sometimes. We went outside and played in the dirt and rode on Cole's Big Wheel Bike. AJ loved that. There might be a bike under the Christmas tree for him this year.

AJ was tired from all the playtime and fell asleep on the way home. We had dinner once Nick got home and then decided to take a ride to RIT to walk around on campus. We brought AJ's red wagon and his pull-along puppy. He had a great time. He walked the puppy all around and spent a good chunk of our walk pulling the wagon himself.

We saw one of the Facilities workers that used to come and fix stuff in our apartments. Nice guy. Got a kick out of AJ. Told us we should have another so he can have a playmate. Nick did a good job trying to get him off the topic but he came right back to it. It stung but didn't ruin my day.

I know that I'm on track trying to get healthy again. I pray once this mass is gone that my body feels normal again. I'd like to be able to focus on the emotional stuff and not have the physical pain on top of it. I'd like to get to a point where we can think about expanding our family. I pray that we can do that one day. I know AJ will get his playmate and we'll have our rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment