Sunday, December 18, 2011

New Friends

Yesterday I went to breakfast to meet with two other moms. It was so nice to sit there and be with them and talk about our kids. It was our boys that brought us together.

Ryan, Hayden and Ethan are buried next to each other. I got to meet Ethan's mom at the mass I spoke about. Hayden's mom reached out to both of us after that. We have all been emailing and set up a breakfast meeting. I can't even begin to explain how nice it was to sit there with two other moms and tell our stories. To talk about the good days and the bad days, to talk about the range of emotions you can go through in a matter of minutes and to hear them say "Me too". Those two simple words can make a world of difference. People will sympathize but until you've walked this path you truly can not understand what it's like, but they do. And as much as I wish none of us had to go through this I'm glad that they're there with me.

Our meeting was filled with hugs, laughter and tears. There's a connection there that some people don't have after knowing someone for years.

We've all found similarities and "coincidences" in our stories -- who had the same doctor or who's got the same names in their family. I'm not sure they're coincidences at all. As Hayden's mom said -- I used to believe that things happen for a reason and after all of this it's hard to believe that but I know that SOME things really do happen for a reason.

Our boys got us together. I know they're up there watching us, smiling at the good work they've done.

Thank you Ryan, Hayden & Ethan.

No comments:

Post a Comment