Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Bad Mommy Day

Yesterday was a bad mommy day. I know we all have them from time to time.

I was watching my nephew yesterday. We (me, AJ and Cole) were outside. We had gotten back from a wagon ride and were playing with chalk. We had been out for about an hour. The boys were both on the porch and I was picking up all the chalk pieces. I turned around just in time to see AJ taking a tumble off the top step and landing on his head right on the concrete. The sound was awful.

I picked AJ up right away and I could see he was bleeding a little. I grabbed Cole and we all went inside. AJ has a nice size bump on his head from where he landed and he's also scraped from the top of his forehead down to the side of his eye.

After washing it off and seeing it was only bleeding from the scrapes he was fine. Literally 2 minutes after it happened he was asking for a snack. He recovered a lot faster than I did. I felt guilty the rest of the day. I was so scared right when it happened. I couldn't take something happening to him.

All of this seemed to screw up the rest of my night. It made me think about Ryan so much. We went to a store and were looking at Christmas decorations when we got to the aisle with all of the "baby's 1st Christmas" stuff. It was like a punch to the gut.

Today will be a better day.

1 comment:

  1. What a scary fall!! I am always amazed at how quickly kids recover.

    ReplyDelete