Sunday, September 9, 2012

Finding comfort in the strangest things

So you know by now that one thing that reminds me of Ryan are bunnies. We have them in our backyard and I could sit there for hours just watching them. Whenever I see one it makes me think of him.

A few weeks ago I went to visit Ryan and there was something on his stone. I wasn't sure what it was at first. Upon further inspection (but not too close!) I realized what it was. Poop. Rabbit poop to be exact. It made me laugh. It wasn't the bunny but I knew he was there.

Today we went to see Ryan and as I knelt down to brush off his stone there it was again. More poop. I giggled and showed Nick. We looked around and it was only at Ryan's stone.

Never in a million years did I think rabbit poop would make me smile but it's just one of those things that make me think of him and let me know that he's thinking of us too.


We've got some big things happening for the Face 2 Face group. The Perinatal Network of Monroe County contacted us after a social worker from Strong gave them our info. They're going to get us listed on their website and include us on mailings and their meetings as well. This is huge. We'll know what's going on in the community and what the current needs are. We'll get to know about other programs and resources and we'll be able to give our input.

We also contacted the Democrat & Chronicle and will be meeting with a reporter some time this week. He's currently working on a whole project about infant mortality and was very interested in speaking with us.

We're also going to have the chance to do a live tv interview with our local ABC affiliate. We contacted one of the anchors for the mornings and she said they would love for us to come in and do a 4 minute interview with them!

We found out that this week the article that was in my town's local paper was also in another two towns in the area.

Because of all of this exposure we've gotten a few more referrals and phone calls and as a result will have a few new people at our next meeting. I'm sad that it has to grow but I'm thankful that people are reaching out and giving us a shot.


I love you sweet boy. Forever and a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment