Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Writer's Block

I’ve tried to write this post a few times but I just can’t seem to get my thoughts straight enough for it to make sense on paper. I’m going to just write it anyway…

I’ve got babies on the brain. I don’t know if it’s all the babies that will be joining us in the next few months or what but lately that seems to be all I can think about. I want to have that newborn in my arms so badly. I’ve finally gotten to that point physically. I feel better than I have, literally, all year. I’ve still got to let my body heal so it’s out of the question for a while. That really pisses me off. It’s one last part of all of this that’s out of my control. I can’t do anything about it though so I’ve got to deal.

The weather here has turned to fall very quickly. It’s been gray and raining. That doesn’t make it very easy to go to the cemetery and spend any kind of quality time there. I used to go and sit for an hour. What am I going to do when there’s snow on the ground? Granted, I haven’t felt like I’ve needed to go and sit like I used to but what if I do? I’m going to end up with pneumonia and/or frostbite and Lord knows I don’t need either of those. The cemetery also changes it hours as of Nov. 1st. They’ll only be open till 5pm – there are no lights and it’ll be dark outside. I really hate that there are set hours that I need to follow to go visit Ryan.

Little Dipper has started off slowly. It wasn’t the response we were hoping for but as someone said to me “you don’t know until you try”. We’ll see where we end up as far as the gift baskets. I’m going to work on getting some holiday samples posted on Facebook and maybe that’ll get us something. I might also look into some local businesses to give some samples to keep in their shops. We’ll see. Either way we’ve gotten some orders and I’ll have a little bit to donate to An Angels Love. Hopefully it’ll allow them to get something they need to donate more items to the hospital.

Last weekend we went to the Al Sigl walk at Marketplace Mall. They encourage the kids who are attending to dress in their costumes so we thought it would be a great “practice run” for AJ to wear his costume. He wasn’t happy about it at first but I think once he saw other kids all dressed up and realized that people would give him candy he didn’t seem to mind as much. He makes one damn cute spider if I do say so myself.

Oooh! A lollipop! Maybe wearing this stupid costume isn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment