Saturday, March 31, 2012

One Thousand

I have to start out by thanking everyone who donated for Ryan's Racers. Our team currently has $2,917 raised and that's not counting money that has been pledged that we haven't yet received. We're going to be close to $4,000. I reached my goal of $1,000. I know I changed my goal a few times along the way but from the beginning I was hoping to be able to raise that amount on my own. I've had so many people donate (some even twice!). I'm sure many of them donated so I'd stop spamming their facebook pages but I don't know if I'll ever be able to put into words how important and passionate I am about this. So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

We ordered our team shirts for the walk. I'm so excited about them. I can't wait to see everyone there at walk wearing them.

I heard from K., the social worker at the hospital. She sent me an update about some of the changes they were making. They've been using the updated resource list and ordered the books I suggested. Within the month they'll be receiving the digital camera they ordered. Families who go through what we have will be able to take pictures and leave with a thumb drive with those pictures on it. I hope that it never has to be used but I know in reality it'll be needed much more frequently than anyone knows. I'm glad that it will be there and I hope it gives some people some beautiful memories.

All good things...all for my sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment