Monday, March 12, 2012

It's been a while...

I hadn't realized how long it has been since I've posted. Sorry!

I've been throwing myself into fundraising for the March for Babies Walk. The good news is I've had to raise our team goal a few times. Currently we're at $1,637! And I know there are still a few team members who have to start their fundraising efforts. I can't begin to tell you how good it makes me feel to see people supporting this and trying their damnedest to raise money in Ryan's name. When I'm having a bad day I go to the page and see how many people have helped and I look at his band and remember how good it made me feel after he was born. It keeps me going -- so to all of you who have donated, Thank you. I can't say it enough. And for those of you who haven't but would like to, please do! No donation is too small.

We're working on figuring out plans for Ryan's birthday. I think we're going to do a bbq at the house. We'll have a lot of family and friends in town for the walk so that should be nice.

Can I tell you how funny AJ is? His speech amazes me everyday. He hears something once and he remembers it and then uses it in the right context. One of my favorite things he does right now is snuggling. I was laying on the couch one night and he got the blanket off of the other couch, brought it over, covered me up and said "snuggle". He climbed up next to me on the couch, covered himself with the blanket and we snuggled. It was so nice. And the smile on his face made me melt.

We did make one big decision a few days ago. We put Ryan's picture up in the living room. It was something that I was so unsure of for all this time. I wanted it there so badly but I was (still am) nervous about how others would react to it. I wasn't nervous about what others would think (honestly -- I don't care!) but if anyone ever said anything negative I think I would lose my mind. So it's there and I'm glad it is.  

I love you sweet boy. Forever and a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment