Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lesson Learned

I should have learned my lesson the first time. About a year ago we were at Wendy's and we ordered AJ mandarin oranges instead of the french fries. He took one small bite and immediately threw up all over. We thought he gagged on it or it was because it was a new food.

Tonight we're out to dinner and on AJ's plate were two wedges of an orange. I figured if I put it in my mouth like a smile he'd do the same and maybe try something new! He was getting a kick out of the funny faces I was making an eventually tried to do it himself. As soon as he sunk his teeth into that orange he started to gag. Oh crap. He did it a few times and I thought we were in the clear. Nope. Puked all over himself, the new shoes we bought 7 hours earlier, the highchair and the carpeted floor. I'm sure the other diners loved the show.

We took him to the bathroom to clean him up. What a mess. I felt terrible for being the cause of his puking, although he didn't really seem to care one bit.

The moral of the story -- no more oranges for AJ.

Now, aren't you glad you clicked the link to read this post?   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment