Friday, December 14, 2012

Senseless

How one person can inflict such a tremendous amount of pain is beyond me. I'm not going to waste my time trying to figure out what was wrong with the monster who did this.

All I can think about is there are more than twenty families who will never be the same people they were at 9am this morning. In a matter of minutes their worlds have been forever changed. The equivalent of a classroom full of people, their lives taken, just like that, in an instant.

The parents left to forever think about their unfinished lives. The futures that were supposed to happen, won't. Graduations, weddings...

I hate that children can't even go to school and be safe.

I feel terrible for the parents of all of the children in the school. I know the fog that some are going through and I can't imagine the helpless feelings of the parents of survivors. Childhood was ripped away.

I mourn with those parents and for the children. No one should ever lose a child, especially at another's hand and in a place that is supposed to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment